“Oil pulling is one of the most remarkable methods of detoxification and healing I have ever experienced… It helped me overcome a chronic skin problem that [I was previously] unable to cure.”
- Dr. Bruce Fife, naturopath doctor, nutritionist, and master detoxer
When I first heard that quote, I had two thoughts:
- What the heck is oil pulling?
- Whatever it is, I gotta check it out!
For those of you who are in the dark like I was, oil pulling is an ancient detoxification art that started in India as oil gargling thousands of years ago.
In 1992, Dr. F. Karach, MD introduced oil pulling in the US and used it in his medical practice with great success.
I started this practice a while ago and wow, it made a big difference. I literally no longer feel the need to brush my teeth. I know this may sound weird but that’s how well oil pulling cleans my mouth! Furthermore, my sinuses have never been clearer, my headaches have disappeared, and I feel that it is really helping my body detoxify.
I recommend it for anyone that has canker sores, teeth abscesses, sinus issues, etc. I’m still trying to convince my hubby, who is still a bit skeptical, to get onboard.
Why not try doing it for a week and see if you notice the difference?
How oil pulling works
It’s easy. Just take a tablespoon of raw vegetable oil and swish it around in your mouth for five minutes. Doing so activates enzymes that have a powerful detoxifying affect on our entire system; they literally pull toxins, bacteria, fungus, and other nasty bugs from the mouth and the entire body, helping to cleanse our blood. Since our mouths are a focal point for bacteria and microorganisms that mix with our saliva and eventually reach our bloodstream, you can see how wiping these bad guys out with oil pulling makes a profound impact on our bodies.
According to long-time devotees, oil pulling has the power to alleviate migraine headaches, asthma, diabetes, bronchitis, diseased teeth, chronic blood disorders such as leukemia, arthritis, eczema, heart and kidney disease, meningitis, hormonal disorders, etc.
How to do oil pulling
Pull toxins from your blood and freshen your breath in five easy steps.
- Find a high-quality vegetable oil. Most people use cold-pressed sunflower or sesame oils. I prefer using raw coconut oil since it is one of the healthiest oils in the world and helps boost the thyroid.
- Right after you wake up, drink a glass or two of water to start your saliva flow and then take about 1 tablespoon of oil into your mouth. Swish it around for as long as you can. Start with 5 minutes and gradually increase to 15 to 20 minutes. I plop it into my mouth and swish away as I make my breakfast and pack my lunch.
- Do not swallow the oil – it’s loaded with toxins! (But don’t beat yourself up if you accidentally do.) It is vital to spit out this oil after 15-20 minutes of swishing. Spit it out in the trash (not the sink as it can clog pipes) because this is the safest, cleanest and best way to eliminate used oil.
- Be sure to wash out your mouth thoroughly to help clean out any lingering bacteria or toxins.
- Ta da! You’re done. Now go about your day knowing that you’ve done a great thing for your overall healing.
If you’re already healthy, a once a day oil pulling will help keep you that way. If you have more acute conditions, gradually build up to oil pulling 3 times a day before each meal.
Who out there has tried oil pulling? Please share your experience with us!